Sunday, April 7, 2013


I chose Hip-Hop as my blog because it fuels what everyone buys, says and wears. In my spare time I create Hip-Hop music in my home and I watch how it has influenced cultures apart from the Urban community. Why it is not unheard of to see 70 year-old white grandmothers on YouTube shaking their money makers to the sounds of Bey-once or Little Wayne. Little Wayne started a clothing line called Truk-Fit  aimed towards suburban america and the skateboarding generation and can't keep it in the stores. Jay-Z is another popular rapper who along with wife Bey-once have their hands in everything from NBA franchises to restaurants and the rest of the world is taking notes and trying to immolate the Blueprint. 

3 comments:

  1. What a great artifact to symbolize pop culture! I couldn't agree more that music and hip hop play such a huge role in what people are saying, doing, wearing and the list goes on. I think its important to note that music touches SO many types of people and cultures where different people can come together with a common interest. To me, that is true pop culture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Malcolm, this is THE artifact to symbolize pop culture. Hip hop has changed the face of America's wealthy to be sure and to say the least. And to think, they said it was a passing fad. Good luck on your music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Music has been such an influential part of popular culture and as an artifact it is a reflection of it. This is an excellent example, look at the top ten charts and you can see its effect.

    ReplyDelete